Monday, June 2, 2014

Why I Freelance - Reason # 546

First, know that the numbers I will add for these posts (like Reason # 546) are nonsensical. There's absolutely no reason I chose that number other than that's just what I hit when I touched my ten-key pad. With that said - welcome to Why I Freelance - Reason #546.

I choose to freelance because getting up at 6 am increases my general dislike of society.

Seriously...whose idea was it to start the day that early?! I mean, it's fine for those that fall into the category we all love to hate called "morning people." Life and work would be much more pleasant in and outside of the corporate world if we didn't have such rigid day constraints.

Unless I'm your mother or your wife, I do not want to talk to you about anything until about 9 am. My natural body rhythm wakes me up by 9 am. When I can wake up by my own devices then I am able to more fully enjoy what the day holds.

It's evident that at 6:30 am most people cannot figure out how to property operate their motor vehicles. This causes major frustrations for the rest of us...and then, of course, we can't forget the morning commute.

I am really, really glad that I rarely have to get up that early. Today was a necessity. I wasn't able to fall asleep until after 3 am and that was after taking a sleep aid. I had to be up at 6 am. I hadn't slept for three days prior to that.

I freelance because I can work when it is most optimal and convenient for me to work. Even though I'm awake I'm not starting on my freelance activities. I haven't even checked my email. I'm rebelling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice...the hand that feeds you can also choke you.